92% of farmers surveyed agree that climate change is a problem all over the world;
and 93% believe that the reduction of forests directly affects the climate
The results of the Survey on Climate Change Awareness of Farmers held in December 2015 were published in a report in 2016.
Out of 200 farmers who participated in the survey, 56% were primary and secondary school graduates, while the remaining 44% were trained in high schools and universities and received master degrees. 60% of the respondents were farming for 20 years or more. The average size of each farmers land was 110 acres, which is approximately two times the Turkey average.
Some of the survey results are as follows:
92% of farmers agree that climate change is a problem all over the world
93% of the farmers stated that the reduction of forests directly affects the climate
93% of farmers report that agricultural production is at risk in extreme weather conditions
In short, the vast majority of the farmers participating in the survey accept that the climate change is a major problem that affects their agricultural production. They are also willing to cooperate in taking measures to mitigate the effects of climate change. The awareness seems to be high but this may be due to the fact that farmers are most affected by climate change and feel their immediate impact.
Çiftçilerde İklim Değişimi Farkındalığı Anket Sonuçları 2016